History

Our story begins in 1907 with Carlo Sirakian, grandfather of Philippe Barsamian. He founded a diamond cutting and trading company in Paris, which quickly became one of the largest and most renowned companies in the diamond business in France.

In 1948, Varham Barsamian, Carlo’s son-in-law, began the activity in Antwerp as founder of V. Barsamian Diamants. Varham was one of founding fathers of the Diamantclub, where the headquarters of the company have been located since 1963.

In 1975, Philippe Barsamian, Varham’s son, joined the company and developed it to its actual size. He has been a member of the board of directors of the AWDC from 2007 to 2015 and vice president of the Diamantclub since 2004. In 2003, the company name was changed into Barsamian Diamonds N.V.

Diamonds Shapes inline

In 2012, Nicolas and Alexandre Barsamian joined the company after graduating from university and HRD. Cédric Barsamian followed in 2014 after his graduation from GIA. He is now mainly active in Hong Kong.

In September 2017, Philippe Barsamian as been recently elected as the new president of the Federation of the Belgian Diamond Bourses.